01 July 2009

July Begins

Wow, it's really hot here. I keep hoping that rain will hit sometime soon so I don't have to continue sweating so profusely and modifying my work attire to accomodate the sweltering temperatures.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to get online and begin making more frequent updates, but I'm back in the groove of work and classes. Other than weekends, I can't seem to find the time for updates and new posts to this or facebook. I'm hoping that will change soon. Chemistry is more than halfway finished for the summer, but First Aid/CPR has just begun.

Today was a good day for sleep. I was actually able to come home and work on some assignments before retiring rather than dashing home and promptly throwing on a face mask to block out the rising sun and get as much hard sleep as possible in just a few short hours. Unfortunately, it seems that tomorrow will be much more the norm.

I have chemical functional groups that I need to memorize for tomorrow's quiz. Luckily, after tomorrow night's class and the shift that will follow at the B-wood, I will have all of the weekend to study and re-copy notes and work on learning the roots of organic chemistry before my exam next week. It's funny, everyone else is making extensive plans for Independence Day and all the festivities that I'm sure I'll be missing. Meanwhile, I'm trying to coordinate plans for notes, notecards, readings, and the various assignments that will befall me this summer.

It will all pay off in the end.... eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment