08 July 2009

Functional Groups and Zythromax

I finished my postings for my First Aid/CPR class this week, and now all that's left is to go through the assigned chapters in preparation of the exam slated for me to complete sometime between tomorrow morning and five o'clock Friday night. I feel good about the direction the class is going. It's interesting and quite a lot of fun to interact with the other students when we submit our assessments and recommendations for first aid care.

I also had the opportunity to investigate a PDR on my break last night at work to pick out a medication to research for a few extra points on that Chemistry exam on which I earned a B. I know a B's good and I should merely strive for excellence instead of perfection (thanks, Mariann), but I can't help but feel that if I'd only studied just a few more minutes, or looked over my work a bit longer, I would have spotted the dumb mistakes I scrawled on those pages. Anyone know exactly how many funtional groups are found in Zythromax? It was the pill I picked because I dug it's chemical formula and skeletal structure. It was also kinda cool to see everything I've learned so far in chemistry in its practical application.

The more I learn, the more I wish I'd started this medical journey earlier. However, I suppose I wouldn't have been as interested in it before now. It seems that with every additional step I take, I feel as if there are endless possibilities with the places I could go in this field (thanks, Dr. Suess).

No comments:

Post a Comment