26 July 2009

First Aid/CPR, Dr. G Marathons, Rain, Changes...

"...and these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations, they're quite aware of what they're goin through...." -- David Bowie

I really need to be a bit more consistent. I have no reason for the lack of recent updates other than that I'm a lazy bastard and I have a lack of follow through.

Chemistry is done. I earned an A, and I feel pretty good about that. Chemistry is a difficult subject to master. You either get it or you don't. I'm one of the lucky few. I get it. However, I don't get it without extra studying, recopying notes, reworking multiple examples, and making hundreds and hundreds of notecards and charts and a series of pnuemonic devices for memorization.

I'm on the green couch in the den, which is where I suspect I'll remain for a majority of the day. Watching the intermittent storms as they move through the area and pay attention to about 35-40% of the Dr. G marathon that I have the opportunity to watch for the next twelve to fourteen hours.

I have three more shifts to go at the B-wood. My notice expires on Wednesday, and I'll be a free man to read and work out (yeah, right) and watch tv and spend time with Mary Louise and in the yard and cooking up a storm. My new position will be starting mid-month and classes will begin shortly thereafter.

The memorial service was yesterday for my grand-sponsor's husband of about one hundred years (I guess that would be one hundred gay years, which is, in the real world of breeders, a few less than that). I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I just know that I still can't hear TAPS and not feel overly emotional and guilty and start thinking about Dad and all the other memories that accompany that time of my life. Maybe with a bit more time to process the emotions, I can write.

No comments:

Post a Comment