04 July 2009

Post Party Pix - Chilling With Mary Louise...

No matter where I go, no matter how long I've been gone, no matter what kind of mood I'm in or what kind of person I feel like, there's always this sweet bundle of fur and nerves that is ALWAYS very happy to see me.


I've been out of town to South Lousiana, to Eastern Arkansas, to Alabama, and I've been gone from her for days at a time. Despite that, little Miss Mary Louise is my biggest welcomer and most gracious friend. It seems like I can do nothing wrong. Even when I'm mad at her, I can't stay mad for very long because she's so sweet, and she stares at me until I acknowledge her.... those soulful eyes.

And if there's a camera there or not, it doesn't matter. She doesn't care about the paparazzi, all she cares about is hanging out with her Daddy. And, of course, getting a treat.





A dog will help you learn a lot about yourself. Mary was a gift to me right after I made one year clean. Lisa Neal had her, and I held Mary at a meeting after getting released from WK Pierremont and being treated for meningitis. Lisa passed her on to Jody (who already had a litter and a half of her own). When I found out she was there, I got her as my own.

She's come a long way from falling asleep in the legs of my pants and crawling up under my shirt to curl up on my chest (I'm sure Mom's gonna love this pic of her kissing me).






Just in case you missed that last one, here's another one of her kissing me hello... and saying "I missed you, Daddy! Tell me about your day." Almost as good as a significant other, but who needs a man when you've got a dog like this.


.... this is probably the GAYEST thing I've ever posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment