19 June 2011

Video From Day 34 Posted on the Morning of Day 36...the Day of My Surgery


A video from Saturday on the beach. I stuffed my chair down into the soft sand in the surf, buried my feet in the sand, and turned the camera on. I don't think that there's much more on the planet that is more relaxing than listening to the steady, rhythmic waves crashing toward the sand and watching the beautiful, eternal waves of the sea. To think that this is something that has always been and always will be is truly magical. Amazing. Absolutely breathtaking. I don't think that there's a better spot on Earth. We get stuck in our own personal ruts, stuck on making money and making waves of our own. Stuck on getting from Point A to Point B and stuck on everything that's immediately important and pressing, and to think that something like this exists simply to exist and ebbs and flows and remains this wonderful, majestic constant... Sometimes, even I can't come up with the words to describe the feeling. To write that the view is awe-inspiring doesn't seem to do it justice. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed capturing it. Pay attention to the people that were caught on film. These are some of the best people I've ever met in my life. If you ever think about taking a trip, I strongly urge you to find one of them to book a room with you. They can help you to forget about the realities of time and urgency, help you to forget about everything that prevents you from living life, and help you to really look inward - at every one of your very best assets - and to believe in the power of yourself.

It's early in the morning. Monday, the twentieth of June, 2011. In less than six hours, I'll be on my way to the corner of Line Avenue and Jordon to have this interminable and ever-enraging conundrum that is my debilitated back corrected. I hope. I just want to be done with this phase of my life and move on. I'm tired of letting pain define my days and nights and tired of planning my schedules and my RSVP's around my ability to deal. Here's to hoping that all turns out as the best case scenario. If not, no worries. We'll just rest, regroup, rethink, and find a new way to attack it and beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment