26 June 2011

40, 41, & 42/101 - Ain't That a Shame?! Three Days in a Row!

Sitting (YES! I am actually sitting upright and relatively pain-free for the moment) on the couch, watching The Winds of War Part I: The Winds Rise, and waiting for Mom to get here so that I can take a shower and get ready to watch a movie with a friend. Of course, I don't think that he really knows what exactly he's getting into as far as care and assistance go with having a gimp like me around. I can't sit very long, I'm especially leery of a ride in a car, and I'm not entirely sure that I'm going to be great company, but I am so incredibly psyched to have someone take the time out to help me get out for a while. Other than a handful of tremendously close and very good friends and family, I am trying to not feel exceptionally down due to the large number of those I assumed I'd be able to count on only to discover otherwise. Oh, well. You take what you can get, I suppose. And for the moment, I'll take the lesson learned in discovering who I can really count on when the chips are down and I need a little assistance.

My plan is to sit here later to post a more extensive and detailed history of the events of this week just before and immediately following this surgery. I even have a few photos to more appropriately satisfy painting the picture I'll otherwise merely be using words to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment