22 June 2011

I Missed Day 37 Because the Meds Made Me Miss It - Today is Day 38 of 101

Sitting up for long is impossible at the moment, but I REFUSE to allow more time pass without at least letting my blog know that I'm still alive. I'm photographing my recovery to the best of my ability, keeping my camera close by my side - closer than my cell phone, actually. I'm eager to see what the pictures look like when I get ready to tell my story of the past three days.

Right now, I'm constipated, and I hurt, stuck in a vicious, horrendous cycle of having to take pain killers to release the strict hold that surgical healing has on my nerves, but the pills just keep me unable to go for my regular, morning constitutional. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be different. I can't turn off my brain to keep me from worrying about all the million things I SHOULD be doing. Plus, I can't seem to drill into my psyche that what I really should be doing, more than anything else, is concentrating on getting well, on allowing myself to recover.

My vow is to try to have more tomorrow. I just had to get something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment