19 June 2011

Vacation Pics from Days 34 and 35 of 101

These were snapped beginning Friday morning. The first were captured before I realized that the camera lens fogged up as I walked out to the beach.

Another foggy photo.

This was Stacy lounging with her Kindle.

Heather working that phone and reading a People magazine. She found a ton of photos of the most beautiful men alive in People magazine's annual issue. Good times.


Danny reading his Sagan book. I'd be eager to read the same volume to try to understand a little more about the way this guy's brain works. Not Sagan's, I mean Danny's.

Rhonda's always smiles and good humor.

Stephen. I told him to poke his head through the towels because I'd already gotten a head shot from everybody else.

This beach was brilliant. Absolutely magnificent.

There was something about the people plopped on the area beside us.

The girls were all wearing skirts. Not short skirts or beach skirts or the kinds of skirts that one may wear for a summer party. These were knee-length Pentecostal skirts. They even wore them in the pool. I just thought it was odd.

Beach foam.

Sitting in the surf.

More beach foam.

And more...

I think this is one I snapped when I sat in the surf and caught a daylight version of my nighttime video. I'll post the vid later.

This was Heather hiding in the towel to examine her camera. The glare was so fierce that it was impossible to see what we'd snapped as photos.

This is the storm that moved in.

Being on the beach and looking out into the horizon, literally seeing the curvature of the Earth spilling out before us, we could see the brewing clouds before the storm made its way to our spot on the beach.

A better perspective on the coming rain.

Despite its ominous appearance, it was only five minutes of drizzle followed by hours of uninterrupted sun.

After the rain. Still Friday afternoon.

More from the surf splashing toward us on the beach.

I think that this is Heather and Stephen and Danny out playing with the floaties after we got them.

Post Friday beach fest. Back in the condo.

Nobody was as burned as we thought we'd be... None of us except, of course, moi.

Danny finding something for us on his iPad.

No, the burn wasn't on my face.

Both legs were severely burned, making the remainder of my time in the sun less than enjoyable.

Burn.

Splotchy burn.

Friday evening. Back in the condo.

This was Stacy ready to teach me to make Truffles. I now have the recipe.

I believe this was me forcing Danny to watch Deep Red.

Ultimate relaxation. Heather dozing before supper.

More moon shots. From Friday night.

Friday night's moon on the beach.

Reflections on the beach.

More on the beachfront by moon.

Amazing.

Spectacular.

My final moon snap from Friday night.

Danny's donut holes.

These were Sunday morning's breakfast.

Approaching the tunnel in Mobile. On our way home.

Through the tunnel.

More through the tunnel.

Just before we saw the light on the other side.

The sight of sulight on the eastern side of Mobile meant that the trip was complete.

I was happy to be on my journey back, but very sad to leave the beach.

And the trip nears its conclusion...

...as the tunnel disappears from view.

Final shot of a cloud as we left the tunnel...and freedom.

Quite interesting architecture. I pivoted around to catch a shot of these buildings as Mississippi and Louisiana fell before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment