05 May 2013

Stephen King in 2013 Rejuvenated

After the first meeting of the Stephen King in 2013 Book Club met today at Rhino Coffee - and right on the heels of pouring my heart out to a fun and interesting guy at last night's Pink Party - I am feeling a sort of rejuvenation to my soul and my desire to get back to blogging and to writing. The truth is, be it blogging, scrawling in my journal, or putting pencil to paper for some other creative literary endeavor, I'm only ever truly focused when I'm writing. Words are like nourishment for my innermost spiritual chi, they are something of a sustenance, a salve to pain or any other negative emotion that I'm feeling.

Then why, do you suppose, is it that more than a month - all of April - has passed since the last time I've been here?

The most likely answer is the profound degree of over-commitment that I've had to everything selfless lately. Scarcely a day, and definitely no weekend, has come to pass since February wherein I was not totally accounted for and double booked. Today had two book clubs, a Tri-State planning meeting with AA, and time hanging out with different groups of the best people I know (my mom, Mary Louise, Sarah, Jamie, Christina, Jonathan, Neely, David, and Kristi). Last night was my attendance of the Pink Party, which culminated in some time away from the crowd to talk to someone who really helped me see that this is something that I haven't been doing and really ought to be doing. Sometimes, there are perfectly aligned spiritual movements somewhere just below our feet that re-pave a path for us when we've been focused on the wrong trajectory

Tonight, I'll begin The Shining, and I'll continue posting. Hopefully more often than the first weeks of this 2013 blog series.

No comments:

Post a Comment