15 May 2013

I Should Have More To Post Tonight

And it's not that I don't have plenty to write about. It's just that this pesky sleep stuff always seems to get in the way of everything else that I need to be doing, and all the things that I'd rather be doing.

I need to be crossing off the final names on my list of people to contact for festival sponsorship, but it's too late; so, I want to be laying in bed with Mary Louise curled up beside me and The Shining cracked open in front of me.

I need to be writing my ideas for the LASYPAA bid committee skit and Needs Statement for the meeting on Friday night, but I've already re-packed my notebooks and planner and ink for the night; so, I'd really rather be eating some strawberry ice cream and watching one of the movies for the NLGLFF selection committee (which I also NEED to be doing).

It's already past the time that I should have this laptop closed and this blog already posted and a couple of chapters already read and my dog already snoring softly beside me.

I wish there were more hours in the day.

I haven't lost any of that gratitude that I found at the close of things yesterday. I just used up a ton more energy than I anticipated, and Wednesday nights are supposed to be my me-nights, my evenings to rest and relax and watch a movie and not do anything that requires much thought or much effort. So much for that. In fact, I'm not sure that I ever have any nights like that at all. Maybe I can make for some over this coming weekend.

I know I need to buy a bookcase, and I need to clean my room.

And.

Supposedly.

I have a visitor making his way up here from some place called Hall Summit.

But that remains to be seen.

It's a nice thought anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment