17 May 2013

Shining

I didn't read any in the book last night. That is a trap that I don't want to fall into. Neither do I care to fall into the trap of getting lost in all these making-of featurettes and direct film analyses that I'm finding posted to YouTube. The first and most interesting that I've found I posted earlier tonight, but I'm not sure that one can read anything that Stephen King has written while simultaneously watching any film version of his work. Never could that be any truer than with Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining - a terrific horror film, but a very different tale from that which King published in the latter part of the seventies.

I can feel sleep kicking in (at 10:34 on a Friday night?!), so I'm prepping to get into bed and to do some reading for the night.

St. Luke's is at ten in the morning, and I may want to rise and shine early enough for breakfast before my meeting and the remainder of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment