13 May 2013

Danny Doctor's Appointment and My Perceptions of the Day

Today has probably been the best Monday that I've experienced in some time. I don't really know that I can write definitively that any one thing is any different from any other. I think that it's really just my perception of the day, the fact that I know I could theoretically walk out the practice doors at any point and I'd be okay. Compound that with the fact that my morning reading and meditation helped me to make a decision that I wasn't going to run home from work, peel off the slacks and tie, slide on some comfortable pajamas, and do everything in my power to relax as quickly as possible. Instead, I let things happen organically. I'd texted Erin and Angie during the day, and I told them that it had been since Thursday that I'd last attended a meeting (once again, I must reiterate that this is the longest I've been without a meeting since 05 February, 2012), and Angie agreed to go to whichever meeting I picked. I got to hang out with her (one of my best friends, one of the most important people in my life) for a bit before we hit an eight o'clock that I haven't been to in some time. In fact, it's been quite a while since I last attended a Monday night meeting at all. What was different about today as a whole is that I allowed everything to just sort of happen. Organically ("we'll slide down the surface of things"). Today was a good day.

I came home from dropping Angie off, and I heated up a little of the makeshift Pad Thai that I threw together on a lark last night, and I added a healthy dose of the sriracha sauce that David told me was hidden in the cabinet with the spices and other miscellaneous cookery.

I'm following the night up with Let's Scare Jessica to Death (one of my current favorite flicks), a dabble into my nightly Big Book inventory, then I'm jumping back into The Shining, where Danny is visiting the doctors down the mountain and the professionals are trying to get to the bottom of his strange symptoms before the family is snowed into the Overlook for the weekend.

The morning alarm clock is getting nearer every moment. I still need to call or text Brodie before I turn things  off for the night. And I still require as much of what I'd like to consider my beauty sleep as possible.

Grateful. Today, I feel grateful.

And hopeful.

And pleased.

Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment