06 August 2013

To Quote Sarah Erickson...


...and that's the coolest thing in my life today. I actually don't know that it's the coolest thing in my life, but it's definitely the one thing I have to which I can attribute everything else. Without this, there would be no profound and rehabilitated relationships with my family, no love from Mary Louise, no writing, no creativity, no painting, no zest for life, no honesty, no humility, no prayer, no relationship with a higher power, and not much of anything that I consider worthwhile. But for the grace of God, I've worked to string together 548 days. That's a long time to go without a drink, without a pill, without a line or a bump or a hit or anything Earthly. Now it's time to pay tribute in the many ways in which I've been shown to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment