26 August 2013

Back on Track

Tonight, in quick succession, three pivotal events occurred to totally alter the trajectory of my thinking. Finally, for the first time in weeks, I feel like the cosmos got it right and answered several prayers at once, not all of them being things for which I prayed to receive.

Life is definitely looking up, and I feel more ready than ever to take on the slings and arrows that I feel have been thrown my way at an unnecessarily high rate lately. More specifics later. For now, I just wanted to write out a quick, little note of gratitude before I get wrapped up on my sheets and blankets and get ready to sleep the coming night through. I have a reason to set my alarm again, and I needed that desperately.

Finished "Battleground" yesterday and tonight I'll move into "Trucks," nearly reaching the halfway point in Night Shift after spending all my time lately reading everything in between, but nothing Stephen King. "Battleground" is a great story. It's like the one thing that I always wanted to happen with my GI Joes when I was a little kid warped into an adult's absolute nightmare. The master never fails to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment