02 August 2013

Quiet Friday

I wish I could write that I had a successful day that started right at six a.m., that I was up and ready to go with a cup full of prayer and meditation to go with my morning jolt, but the truth is that I climbed out of bed nearly an hour after the alarm(s) began sounding off, and I was in a rush from there. The journal entries and quiet time that I promised myself didn't happen.

I did leave work early for my doctor's appointment for some wellness information, I got my hair cut, and I came home to take a late-afternoon nap - something of a delicacy these days. I didn't get any reading done, but I did make it to Barnes & Noble for one of those great frozen caramel drinks and copies of this Corey Whaley book I've been wanting to pick up and the Linda Lovelace biography, which I want to read before the movie hits theaters. I didn't hit a meeting, but I swung by Kroger to get Sarah some flowers, Nutella, and apples to help her toward a swift recovery from this morning's surgery. I didn't get any painting done, but I've finished all my laundry. I didn't exercise, but I thought about it. I didn't quit smoking, but I bought a disposable e-cigarette to begin puffing on tomorrow. In other words, nothing was really ventured, but nothing was really un-gained.

I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a more productive day. It is, after all, Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment