13 June 2013

Why Was I Ever Opposed to Reading The Bachman Books???

Rage is phenomenal, but like most everything else that I read, the problem that I have is waiting until sleep is settling in to open up the book to read?

Although I have a letter to re-write (Ryan agreed that seven pages of overly indulgent emotional banter is probably not hitting the nail on its head, especially considering where this letter is headed - and why), and I still have a ton to get through for LASCYPAA bid, I have all weekend for re-writes and first writes and working on my new writing gig. Plenty of time.

For tonight, I'm home from the Lambda meeting, and I'm just tired enough to agree to let myself take it easy with Death Becomes Her playing, my chicken nuggets in the oven (I eat an awful lot of these, it seems), and my copy of Rage waiting to be opened and devoured.

The story is great, but I understand why Stephen King decided to take it out of publication. I would never want any of my work to be cited as a potential catalyst for violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment