14 June 2013

Charlie Decker

Now that I've nearly completed the first of Stephen King's Bachman books, I can honestly write that I don't think I would have made a connection between this work and the first three that were in print at the time of its publication. There are some similarities in writing style that may have alerted me, but I definitely wouldn't have been savvy enough of a consumer or fan to wonder whether or not the man had written both. Had I, by some chance, read Carrie and Rage back-to-back, I may have felt struck by the many similarities in theme between the two; however, Charlie Decker is much smarter and much more alert to man's natural instincts than Ms. White ever had the opportunity to be.

Once I've finished this, I hope to have more thoughts to coordinate here. I just don't really have much of a yen to blog tonight. Maybe my focus and energy is overall spent elsewhere. I feel like I have to save something to write here, but my brain is transfixed by my other writing endeavor at the moment.

Also, I've spent the past several days (and nights) feeling a weird combination of being both under- and overwhelmed. Explain that because I sure as hell can't. I feel like I've lost some link in my chain of spiritual certainty and I can't quite seem to locate it to put it back in tandem with what I carry around with me every day. 

Maybe tomorrow will be better. I certainly have a ton to do to fill up my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment