07 June 2013

Hall Summit in Ruston Wants a Post from Shreveport

Opening up my laptop to write, I'm realizing that this is the latest that I've been up since before the end of my vacation last weekend - something that was the case for the majority of the two weeks that I spent on employment hiatus. In between jobs. In medias res. Neither at Point A, nor at Point B, but somewhere in the middle of the thick of the fat.

And where do I find myself tonight when I'm up way past my usual bedtime? Re-watching Something Wild, which I haven't seen in at least ten years, maybe more. Contemplating the lengthy to-do list that I made for me to try to accomplish everything on in the next forty-eight hours. Also contemplating staying in my pajamas all day tomorrow and doing nothing, but I know that will never happen. It's a great idea, though. A nice thought: staying in pajamas, laying on the couch; reading, and really doing nothing substantial.

Once again, I'm supposed to be including a gratitude list in this post. Don't think I'm gonna make one out tonight.

Maybe I'll be in more of a mood to write here tomorrow. I've got my creative writing energies otherwise expelled. I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to post about why that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment