09 June 2013

First Foray Into Bachman Tonight

I have my copy of The Bachman Books ready to begin reading tonight. Moving in chronological order, the next stop in my Stephen King in 2013 journey is Rage, a book that is now out of print. The story is that King decided to take the book out of publication after Columbine and the rash of school shootings that plagued the U.S. within the last ten years. In one interview, he mentioned that he doesn't believe that the book inspired anyone to commit any senseless acts of terror, but he does believe that the book could act as a potential "accelerant."

I'm eager to get into this one. Although I read Thinner (also at a very early age) and The Regulators sometime shortly after my first stint in rehab, I'm curious to find out if the Bachman voice is any different from King at all, if I would have suspected that the author is the same.

The introduction in this particular tome describes why he decided to publish work under a pseudonym when his career was really just taking off. I plan to write a little more about that once I've really gotten some of this work under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment