09 June 2009

Week One of Six

Out of bed at two this afternoon to hit the button on a pot of coffee so that I could slug some down and wake up and check email and regular mail and take a look at my planner to be sure that everything is running according to my schedule. Smoked about five cigarettes and read my meditation so that I could be fully alert and oriented and ready to tackle my day. In my planner, I keep a list of names of those I need to call and check on if I haven't talked to them in a day or two. That much is done.

I'm about to jump in the shower, if only I can find some nice jams to turn the volume up on while I get ready for the Chemistry class that starts in a little more than an hour. This is the first of twelve classes, week one of six that will only be interrupted by the onset of an online session of First Aid/CPR (if I'm talking to Krissy, that would be First R and CPAid). I realize that this will probably be a little difficult for a little more than the next month, but I have to keep in mind that the benefits of small sacrifices of things like sleep are just that... small. In the long run, the pay-off will be well worth the push.

At least, that's how I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment