07 June 2009

Lazy Sunday

Still kind of processing last night's episode of Harper's Island. I made a few posts about my thoughts on where I think things are going on the show, and facebooked with Linds, Christie, and Danielle over how we all think it will probably turn out. I believe there are only five more episodes left before the whole series is over.

Other than that, I'm also still reeling from having the graphic imagery of a thick white substance being squeezed from a dead aortic valve in a commercial that aired to promote tobacco-free living. Yet another scare tactic... I have to admit it worked. Of course, it didn't hinder me from smoking today, but I am keeping myself congruent with the idea that I will have to quit smoking sometime between now and the beginning of my clinical rotation. The professional atmosphere is one that frowns upon use of tobacco products. I have to say that it's not a bad idea. Really, how can I explain to a cardiac patient or someone suffering from COPD all the benefits of ceasing their tobacco use if I haven't done so myself. After nearly four years in recovery, my story is always something I can fall back on if the situation is appropriate with someone who is thinking of getting clean. However, if I'm gonna quit smoking, then I'm also going to have to go full-fledged health conscious behavior and be a prime example to anyone who is watching.

The weekend is drawing to a close, and I'm thinking about crawling back in bed to read some more of Haunted. As if the gross things I've seen on tv lately aren't enough, the work is filled with some very... unsettling descriptions of behavior and instances that literally have me holding my breath until it's complete. Highly recommended to any nihilistic fans of Bret Easton Ellis or Irvine Welsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment