13 June 2009

Spinal Recovery Part 2

I'm just over a day post-op from the second round of spinal injection. Recovering well, I think. I'm not going to get my hopes up this time, nor am I going to suggest that I'm cured by any means. I haven't really been active enough to know for sure how I'm even doing with the numbing medication wearing off.

After Mom left this morning to go help Mimi (my grandmother has been sick and in the hospital this week due to massive dehydration and a decreased Potassium level brought on by a wave or nausea and vomiting), I got some things together for Trish and Johnny to come pick up and take down to Alexandria. All my feelings of guilt over not being able to go hear Victor tell his story down there were alleviated when I talked to Mariann (who I'm also sorry to hear is battling some strange illness in Vegas) and she told me I'd made a very smart move.

Along with finishing my weekly correspondence with all the people I've got scattered across the globe, I wrote an extended email to Ross in Malawi. He's busy with a series of economic endeavors (mostly oblivious to Madonna out there adopting Malawi babies) and functioning his home to prepare for the upcoming hot season during which temperatures indoors rise to degrees in excess of 130... hot enough to melt the candles inside. It's always great to open my inbox and retrieve messages from the "warm heart of Africa". My PCV. Miss the time at the Robinson and our walks in the unseasonably warm nights of last December.

While I unloaded the dishwasher (stupid) and worked on a fruit salad and a greens salad to snack on over the next few days, I talked to Laura. She's excited that Evan got down on a knee at the riverfront last night and asked her to marry him. I knew it was only a matter of time before they decided to do the deed. She's looking at Brown Chapel for the ceremony and planning for sometime next April. It would be great if the PCV were done and back in the States in time to attend.

Well, I have a to-do list of other things I need to accomplish. The list includes transplanting some flowers and watering my plants while they roast in the first big heat of a Shreveport sumer. There's also a load of conversion problems, Chemistry notes, a couple chapters in the text, and step work that's all begging for my attention. All this and a TiVo filled with Trauma: Life in the ER, Code Blue, and a date with my guys in Harper's Island during prime time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment