10 June 2009

Conversion Therapy, MSWord, Excel, and Very Little Sleep

One thing is certain, school is definitely back in session.

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off at seven. Of course, sleep was very fitful throughout the night. Between text messages from fellow vampires who haven't caught on that I'm making a transition to werewolf, calls from work asking me where I keep log sheets, and messages from others who just figured I'd be awake (and I rarely answer my phone at work anyway), I really only got a solid five hours. Not that I need much more, I suppose.

I spent the morning cleaning up and getting ready to go in for my first day of training on office skills. Personally, I think that Excel is a great creation. If you have a head for computer software and need multiple formulas decided for you for your work, then perfect. However, the good things that I have to say about the latest Word software are few and far between. Why isn't anything where it's supposed to be? And they say it's more user-friendly? I suppose that one can get used to anything, though.

Work was uneventful. The stuff I'm doing isn't real brainiac kinda stuff. It's mostly recreating forms and keeping up with an ever-evolving who's who. Nothing I can't handle, and something I've watched my current boss do every night for the past three years.

I came home and managed to sleep for about an hour. Feel a little better now, but I need to figure out what I'll be wearing for the shift and whether or not I'll have time to swing by the bookstore and pick up the ninety dollar Chemistry text before tomorrow night's class. I have a few conversion problems that I also need to master sometime in the next twenty hours, too.

I have tonight's shift, class tomorrow (complete with a quiz on key terms), then my last shift of the week tomorrow night. Just as the Thursday 11-7 hours are finishing, I'll be coming home to jump back in the car and head back to the Spinal Institute for another shot at eliminating my back issues permanently. I've been able to keep pain at a manageable level, but the pain is far from gone. It started bothering me while I was training today, but my cure for sitting for too long is to get up and move around....and if I've been moving around too much, I just lay on the floor until it stops. Hospital floors are not the most germ-free, though. I should probably bear that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment