18 May 2009

This Is Spinal Tap!

Absolutely unexcusably early. Hopped up on the last two cups of coffee I was allowed an hour ago. Kinda thirsty and a little hungry, but NPO after 0300...

Took a nap yesterday afternoon after ASC. I always seem to sleep just a little better on the couch for some reason, which is totally strange because it's not the most comfortable surface in the house, and my bed is extremely soft and warm and welcoming. I woke up with the Desperate Housewives finale recording on TiVo and realized that this is the first year since I've been clean that I haven't watched the show's finale with Krissy. Maybe it was for the best. I watched the two hours and deleted the program totally disappointed. I felt like the storylines were all tidied up very plainly with overly jagged edges and questionable acting on the part of Teri Hatcher for the end of the Dave Williams mess. However, it was cool to see that the final scene was basically ambiguous instead of their traditional cliffhanger or a flash forward another five years. Elapsed time for this show was only two months.

Checked my email. Happy to see that the T-shirts are ready and looking fabulous. Ready for the post-convention sale in Baton Rouge next weekend.

It's going to be a busy week. The procedure is slated for 0800 this morning. Instructions to lay down and rest for the remains of the day. No work... I got the shift covered last week. Then work on Tuesday night and get off Wednesday morning to have my 10,000-mile oil change on Lola... to get her ready for the four hour trip down I-49 and over I-10. Last shift is Wednesday night, but will continue into my scheduled, annual re-orientation for Thursday. All leading up to the big drive on Friday morning. Hoping that by the time I get behind the wheel, this injection will be working and I'll basically be sans pain and discomfort.

Isn't it funny... when you're told that you can't eat anything or drink anything, that's pretty much all you can think about... at least this time the thoughts aren't accompanied by handfulls of those sodium bullets for a colonoscopy...it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment