23 May 2009

Morning Meditation

I woke up pretty early today after a great night's sleep. There's something to be said for the plush sheets and pillows in a hotel room, especially when you don't have to get out of bed the next morning and make it before you leave.

I went to the hospitality room and had a doughnut and a cup of coffee. Not bad, but I think I'm gonna need a little more substance in my belly sometime in the next few hours. A big, greasy bacon cheeseburger and french fries might be nice around lunch. Fill my stomach so I have something to settle it before I speak in the "Youth Rap" at 3:30.

Today's meditation was all about amends, the "house cleaning" portion of the steps that I kinda like and kinda hate and kinda still have a ways to go on. I hit the meditation down in the designated smoking area, but the sun was out and I wasn't ready to deal with all that just yet. So, I came back to the room to check email and bank balance and make sure my checkbook matches what's listed in my account.

Looking forward to the start of today's workshops, and I'm wondering if any of my fellow Shreveporters are gonna get out of bed and experience some more of this convention.

On the subject of my back. Not as bad this morning as it was throughout the day yesterday, but I'll have to wait until I'm up and around a little more before I can say whether or not I think it's getting any better. I'm pretty sure that regardless of everything else, I'm gonna have to give a sub-par report on its status after this weekend. I just really don't think that the injection did what was intended.

More will be revealed...

No comments:

Post a Comment