22 May 2011

Day 7 of 101


With LE(G)B, Laura Elizabeth (Geltz) Brock, my little sister and best friend.

With the beautiful birthday girl, Tammy Jones. Like Laura, Tammy is also my best friend. In a world where we throw around that idea very easily, Tammy is absolutely everything that such a title suggests. She's smart, funny, stunningly gorgeous, full of positive energy, and always on the edge of any problem with perfect advice and to hold my hand. Laura's my little sister, but Tammy is the big sister I wish I still had around. Would you believe me if I wrote that this was her fortieth birthday? I wish I knew I will look as great as Tam in eight years.

Tammy showing off one of the pairs of new panties she was given in anticipation of the over-the-hill events to come. In addition, she received this same pair in multiple colors, a membership to AARP, Geritol, prune juice, several canes, hearing aid batteries, gas relief preparations, CALtrate, several adult diapers, denture cleaners and a long list of other products that I doubt she'll ever actually find use for in the years to come.


Dana Massey with LE(G)B. Dana has been a fixture between Laura and her younger sister, Meredith for years. Dana is pretty much one of the trio. She even sang when Laura married her dapper and charming husband, Evan Christopher Brock (no pictures posted yet, but I'm certain they're coming), last year.
The Overnight B-Wood Dream Team: TJones, RN, MJO, MHT, and LEB. The miracle workers. The people with the plan. The brains behind the business. The problem solvers. The triumphant trio. Without these three in operation together, who knows what hair-raising thing might occur? For three-and-a-half years, these three professionals worked together through crises, codes, PEC's, CEC's, admissions, discharges, searches, treatment plans, and phone calls from emergency rooms at every hospital in a three state radius. When the glue in the middle discharged himself for a little more than a year to focus on school, the two bookmarks stayed in close touch and continually begged him to return. Finally, after months of waiting for Miles to the Jay to agree, he's now back and more intensely involved than ever. May the three of us be together, in friendship, professional capacities, and spirit, for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment