19 May 2011

Day 4 of 101

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests." - H.P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness

I've been playing around with some design and layout gadgets on my blog, and I'm currently not so sure whether or not I really have everything as I want it, where I want it, and how I want it. Thankfully, the blogger site is set up so that non-tech-savvy geeks such as myself are able to totally screw up the style and format and then easily go back to change the settings to a more familiar composure.

I'm home from work, and already ready to be back and have the week complete. Waiting for the seriously sexy neuroscience grad to wake up and get in gear to meet me for a little breakfast and conversation at Southfield Grill. I've been craving a hot plate filled with bacon and eggs and all sorts of other arterial cloggers that only make their way onto the food pyramid by stretching the limits of definable consumption.

Finished the book of Lovecraft short stories yesterday, and I have to write that I was much more impressed with the story of Gilman's lament in the witch-house than I was by the shocking discoveries of prehistoric implications near the mountains of madness; however, I can definitely understand why Lovecraft is such a renowned and impressive author to the horror and sci-fi communities. His prose is often dense and, at times, difficult to follow, but much of his work reminds me of Poe. The men have similar styles and characteristics. Additionally, both were quite fond of the darker realms of the human condition.

Perhaps a bit more after breakfast with the brainbiobuddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment