12 August 2009

So Right As Rain

"You turn my head when you turn around, you turn the whole world upside down. I'm smitten, I'm bitten, I'm hooked, I'm cooked, I'm stuck like glue. You make me, make me, make me hungry for you..."

--The Cure

Not sure why I'm in such a good mood. Somewhat productive day for me, yet again, but isn't that the intent of 101 Days and Nights in Pursuit of Redemption?

I went to a meeting tonight that I'd never been to before. A meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous. It was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. It was wonderful to sit in one of the plush, comfortable chairs, pray, listen, clap, and just be a member. It was the first meeting I've been to in months where I wasn't one of the people in the room with the most clean time.

St. Paul's tomorrow. Can I get my rear out of bed to start the day with exercise? That's an intricate part of this redemptive process that's missing at the moment. That and the cigarettes which are way too much a part of things.

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment