03 August 2009

A Pregnancy Scare

I've finally completed everything that's necessary to prepare for my First Aid/CPR exam. This is the last week of six, and I'm ready to have a little more than a week to simply make phone calls and work on my step and read the Danielewski novel that's doing little more than gathering dust beside my bed.

The pregancy scare arrived tonight while I was reviewing the chapter entitled "Child Birth and Related Emergencies". I realized that this was the chapter that interested me the most for some reason, the chapter with the quizzes that I did best on. In fact, the two questions that I missed I marked because I figured I could argue for the answer to be correct either way. Interesting.

And my absolute biggest fear of clinicals (other than shaking uncontrollably with the inability to promptly start an IV in front of an instructor... and having to start a female catheter and receiving the news from the patient: "Uhh! Wrong hole!") has been that I will be handed a freshly baked baby that's covered in the slippery stuff that they come out covered in and the baby slips out of my hands.

Maybe I'll be fine with my Labor and Delivery rounds after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment