29 July 2013

Going Off of Things: Inspirational Things and Writing Things and Painting Things

For whatever reason, I've not been able to focus my attention on anything that I usually consider important during any of the free time that I've been afforded in the previous two weeks. When Brodie's not here, I'm thinking about him and failing to utilize the time away to finish a book (I've switched from Night Shift to Orange is the New Black for a few reasons, which I'll get to soon) or to paint (I just slathered gesso all over a canvas that I hope to hold some art for Ryan's coming sobriety birthday) or to get organized with the ninth step work that's so important for me to move forward with the tons of financial amends I have waiting for resolution. When Brodie is here, I can't seem to pull myself away from talking to (or looking at or kissing or snuggling) him. This isn't a bad thing, and I'm definitely not complaining. Just an observation. My perception at the moment. I guess I'm in love, or getting there.

I've gone off of the Stephen King in 2013 reading list for now. Although I'm certain I'll return to it in time to catch up with the book club once they've caught up with me, I feel like I need to move away from the horror/sci-fi/fantasy realm for the moment and get into a little more realism than I've acquainted myself since January. Orange is the New Black is Angie's pick for the other book club, and we're set to meet to eat and discuss it this weekend. I'm determined to finish it in time.

For now, the gesso is probably dry and ready for another coat. I have stack of paperwork and correspondence and other mess that I need to organize. There are two interviews that I conducted this weekend, waiting patiently on the tape (yes, they still exist) for me to transcribe. And I need to get out my pen and paper to get a little more spiritually organized before I pull out the pencil and notebook to work on my fiction. I've downed about half of a mixed berry flavored AMP and I'm ready to stay up a little later than usual to see what all I can accomplish. I hope I don't let so much time pass between blog posts again. I'd hate to get back into that habit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment