02 September 2017

Saturday night in Yakima

Days in Yakima: 231

Currently reading: After finishing Fiend last night, I tore through Neil Gaiman's Forbideen Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Secret House of the Night of Dread Desire. I still have All the President's Men, The Princess Diarist and Voice of the Heart waiting, but I'm sticking with my horror kick for a bit. I have healthy stack of classic Gothic stories, some graphic novels in hardback and the next tome in my Stephen King endeavor, The Tommyknockers. There's a nice, long weekend ahead of me. I plan to enjoy it as much as possible, but I've also got the assigned reading (and writing) from my new sponsor, so there's that.

Level of happiness: A little hard to register today. For now, I'm really just tired. I'm thinking I'll be in bed very soon after I post this.

Highlights from the day: Finishing work. Mostly because the times I'm moved by the writing I do there are few and far between these days.

*       *       *
Well, the marketing is done.

And the blanket's over the window to blot out the hot sun first thing in the morning.

I've got the stacks of books and virtually no responsibilities (and very little I've obligated myself to) for the long, Labor Day weekend ahead.

If only I could get rid of all this sneezing and the swelling my face is doing. 

I blame this excessive smoke hanging over the Yakima Valley and not promising to get away any time soon. I think all I really need is a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment