06 September 2017

Highs and lows and middles of the road

Days in Yakima: 235

Currently reading: No progress on Weird Washington last night, but I read a bit more in Carrie Fisher's The Princess Diarist. I downloaded a few other titles. Maybe I'll get to them.

Level of happiness: Less content than I felt last night. Less than happy, to be honest.

Highlights from the day: If this were rehab and this was the time for highs and lows, I'd say most of the day was a low. I guess the high would've been the meeting and talking to my sponsor after.

*       *       *

What would you do if you knew your time was up? 

If you knew you would be dead within the year? Maybe tomorrow. Maybe September 5, 2018. But definitely within the year. 

Live life differently? Travel? Finally write the book? Quit your job? Go back to Paris? Spend the winter in London? Get to Egypt to see the Pyramids? Take a yacht to Fiji? Get your affairs in order?

Me?

I'd probably spend all the time I could with everyone I love. I'd make all the necessary apologies and see everyone I possibly could.

Probably fall in love. Maybe make plans to get married.

For whatever reason, tonight I'm thinking about everything that matters in life. Everything that REALLY matters. 

I don't know why I'm writing about this tonight, especially because I'm not ready to talk about my reasons for writing about this tonight.

Not yet.

Not now, at least. 

For now, I just kinda want to eat and detach and not be lost in my thoughts. 

Especially when there's a lot that I really can't do much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment