03 September 2017

Reading, watching Twin Peaks and stuff

Days in Yakima: 232

Currently reading: Another graphic novel under my belt last night. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll. Pretty good, but when it comes to measuring up to my gold standard for graphic novels, Fun Home, and blending in elements of horror and suspense, it's got to be pretty remarkable. Moving onto Frankenstein. I never actually finished it in high school, and I've never actually seen the movie either (of the monsters, it's always been my least favorite; however, I liked what I saw in the first episode of Penny Dreadful, so I'm giving it a go). I also have a copy of Weird Washington, and I'm ready to get into it.

Level of happiness: Better than a C+, but not great. I spent most of the day on my couch, which is always a good time when it happens.

Highlights from the day: Finishing Twin Peaks, spending time with Mary Louise and planning out what I'm not going to do tomorrow. Oh, and I heard from a couple of readers who praised my work. That's always a nice stroke to the ego.

*       *       *

Now's about the time I need to start watching and reviewing a movie every day. It's not like I don't have five different apps with titles to choose from.

Wishing I had plans to attend a barbecue tomorrow. Also wish I hadn't made plans with anyone for anything. The idea of another day on the couch is really appealing.

Possible movies for tonight (in looking at Hulu): Ravenwolf Towers, Hallow's Eve, At the Devil's Door, The Boy, Why Horror?, The Gift, Late Night Double Feature, The Roost, Sleepy Hollow, Vampires, The Haunting in Connecticut, Boogeyman, Fear of the Dark, Dark Summer, Inner Demons, The Pact and The Levenger Tapes.

Every one is a title I haven't seen.

Battery's low. Gotta post and charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment