03 November 2009

You Are A Pain in the Back!

I've been hoping that this lingering lower back pain that I've been having would turn out to only be the residual effects of the stonage I peed out last week. Unfortunately, the pain has been persistant, and I can only assume that it is related to the lumbar strain and herniations that I got the injections to relieve over the summer. I guess I really need to sign on with United Healthcare through the Student Nursing Association so that I can get back in the swing of having this whole thing checked out and potentially relieved for another while.

When is there ever a good time to be sick or hurting or feeling less-than-up-to-par? Rarely. Nothing that is a burdensome task or difficult struggle ever seems to arrive at just the right time. I'm praying for the Advil to kick in and cut this out for a while so that I can get busy on everything on which I should be concentrating: Microbiology...reviewing and preparing for next Monday's exam, Anatomy...covered two chapters today which can only mean there will be two chapters on Thursday and Lab will follow suit with a plethora of questions on how well I've informed myself with the material, Finite...a combination of notes that need to be recopied and assessments that need to be completed and an exam on Thursday night, after which I'm fairly certain he will have to hold class, Nutrition...a Discussion Board and preparation for next weekend's Portfolio--due right in the middle of Camp Recovery weekend.

And I seriously need to get to campus early to meet with my advisor about this situation regarding the spring semester. Do they really think I'm willing to drive to Natchitoches twice weekly to complete my lab requirements?

The only thing that could possibly de-stress my bulging brain would be to come into a windfall involving two or three thousand dollars so that I can worry less about my car payment and car insurance and the myriad bills that arrive just as soon as I've paid the last. Such are the ways of life and higher education. All I can do is have my eyes on May of 2012, the month when I can translate this arduous work and tireless dedication into a steady paycheck doing everything that I really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment