30 October 2009

'Twas the Night Before Halloween and All Through the House...


I'd thought that I was off to a good start with my day. After the storms last night, I figured the only way to go was up. Unfortunately, the suspense that has been building so furiously for the past month was finally to come to a rather shocking and unexpected climax shortly after two cups of coffee...









Opal. The small, irregularly shaped black dot at the very bottom of the toilet bowl. She popped out at 10:02 this morning...Dead on Arrival. The only noise she made was the clink of her connection with the porcelain toilet bowl.









Finally, after a rigorous week of recopying notes and formulating notecards and memorizing stories, I was able to begin celebrating my favorite holiday of the year. He'd been sitting in the kitchen for days... waiting. I put him on layers of newspaper, but I couldn't decide what direction I wanted to go, what face I wanted Jack to have this year. It came to me this afternoon, but I had to finish the Anatomy Lab exam and try to fully re-group from my stonage this morning.



He looks better in the dark. Kind of eerie. I wish I'd been able to get the photos from the flood last night to come in better, illuminated like this.












The perfect Halloween set up. A jack-o-lantern, candles, the lights out, and Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho beginning its story to bring in the holiday...

...which reminds me...

No comments:

Post a Comment