07 July 2011

On the Post I've Just Written for Day 52 of 101, Which Was Reviewed on Day 53 of 101, Here's the Follow-Up

I'm pretty wiped out, and I'm gonna have to let a solid (hopefully, cross your fingers and I'll cross mine) night's sleep come between me and the long post I just typed out. I want to wait to review it in the morning to be sure it's fit for possible public consumption. After having lunch with someone I admire and respect today, I realize that, in backing away from actually publishing something that I've not had an opportunity to review (and, in all fairness, possibly edit), I am, once again, totally censoring myself and leaving out the best bits (and proving true his idea that I'm deliberately keeping any readers at a very comfortable arm's length from any of the real truths I could be including).

I'm okay with that for now.

I see the outcome of this decision as going in one of two ways. Either I'll get up in the morning, review my post over my first or second (probably second) cup of coffee and hurriedly hit "publish post" while I wonder why I was such a chicken shit and didn't just go ahead and post my circumstantial, tangential river-of-rambling; or, in the second scenario, I'll lean forward and squint my eyes while I re-read my own words, hit the "edit posts" button and shake my head the whole time I'm wondering why the hell I'd write shit like that while I'm so googly-moogly and tired and really have no business still being up let alone compiling some


...and upon today's review, I'm not at all concerned, so I'll likely go ahead and publish this as well. The problem is that I tend to have a very colorful vocabulary, riddled with a ton of four-letter combos, and I always try to go through my stuff and excise any of that once I've got something typed out. I was too tired to follow through on all that last night, so I waited to look things over today.

I'll likely have very good news to note when I return to compile something more this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment