13 July 2011

An Admission of Breaking Promises of Day 58 on Day 59 of 101

...and I was really so well...

When I was a little kid, the biggest threat that my mother could ever waylay in my direction (and, come to think of it, she'd normally have a screwdriver in her hand when she'd say it) was that if I didn't stop whatever it was that I was doing, she would unscrew my belly button and all my arms and legs would fall off. It wasn't until sometime during my fall 2009 semester at the NSU College of Nursing and Allied Health, Angela Miller's Human Anatomy class, that I realized that I'd never really thought about the fact that the threat was actually physiologically impossible. I was fairly gullible growing up. Plus, I had a big imagination. Couple those factors with the fact that I have a rather colorful past when it comes to medical ailments, and you'll see why I was only too ready to believe pretty much any threat that an adult could wield toward me.

More on my status as a veritable medical anomaly later...

1 comment:

  1. I love this whole idea! Unscrewing someone's belly button and make all of their arms and legs fall off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete