02 March 2013

Notes From 18 Days Ago

In getting organized and ready to roll tonight, I'm going through the notes I have saved in my phone so that I can delete them.

Excerpts that have stood out to me in my reading, making impressions that I don't want to lose:

"It was a moment he remembered for years after, as though a special small slice had been cut from the cake of time. If nothing fires between two people, such an instant simply falls back into the general wrack of memory." - Ben Mears on connecting with Susan

"Later he would have the chance to think how easily this had happened, how smoothly. The thought was never a comfortable one. It conjured up an image of (gate? - that's what I have), not blind at all but equipped with sentient 20/20 vision and intent on grinding helpless mortals between the great millstones of the universe to make some unknown bread." - I don't know from whence this was collected. Most likely, some thoughts from Ben Mears.

"Plot was out, masturbation in." - Definitely from Ben Mears. On his discontent thoughts toward the current status of his career and acceptance as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment