20 March 2013

More Quotes, Less Creative

For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get motivated to create these days. Both my writing and my painting have slipped by the wayside in favor of whatever it is that I do to waste time and procrastinate. I really ought to be preparing for my presentation on step three that I'll be doing this weekend at the Highland Club.

I could be balancing my checkbook or going through that mountain of bills or doing any one of the innumerable items on the list of accomplishments with which Ryan has most recently taxed me. I have a ton of my things in my life for which I am grateful, I have tons for which I need to work diligently to keep.

Instead of adhering to daily schedules of reading and working out and creating and all those things that I blog about wanting and needing to do for sanity, I get stuck in games of Words With Friends and downloading music on Spotify and uploading new movies and shorts into my Halloween 2012 playlist on YouTube. I always swore I'd never get a smart phone because I always thought they make you stupid. In reality, they only make you lazy.

I swear that some better posts are coming, just as I swear that I'm going to get further (farther? is this equated to distance or time?) in 'salem's Lot than I do only reading for the few sparse moments before bed.

I keep picking up great quotes in my nightly reading, and I continue to consider this King's first, most literary work, but I don't dare mark them since the copy I'm reading is the expanded edition that I borrowed from David's bookshelf in lieu of the ratty paperback copy that I read my first go-round. So, I forget what they are and where they are, but maybe I'll take them time to pick them up and get them uploaded onto this little wall the next time I actually make the time to have a little more follow-through.

Oh - by the way - I met a dude.

Maybe that has something to do with my unwillingness and inability to spend more time on other things that matter just as much, only differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment