18 March 2012

Ending the Weekend

This was a good weekend, a great weekend, although I once again let too much time pass between the times when I really found moments to do for myself, to enjoy myself, to allow myself more time to heal.

After Friday's shift ended, I attended the first of two meetings and enjoyed a nap between. I laid in bed on Friday night watching videos on YouTube.

After Saturday's morning meeting, I had lunch with Mark, and I had the opportunity to allow the last of any and all possible current secrets - not really secrets so much as those things that, if left unsaid, could become such - to come out to the forefront of our communicative dialogue. I realized on Saturday that I am, in fact, headed in the right direction.

I had an opportunity to watch tv, to read, to work on the floors in my room, and to attend five meetings in the past forty-eight hours. As always, my only complaint is that the weekend is far too short. I never allow myself to sleep in for fear that I'm missing what I really ought to be doing. I never allow myself to nap appropriately for fear of the same thing. I feel that the last thing I ought to be doing on any weekend is sleeping too much when there's a book that I really am excited to finish, multiple projects I really want to complete, and a variety of other people, places, and things with which I want to involve myself. I didn't even allow myself the time to work on my blog until now, with only one hour left in the weekend before midnight Monday rolls around.

Still, I have only this week and four days of next before Good Friday is here and I'll have a three day weekend to really enjoy myself. On Good Friday, I'll be able to sleep in and rise only at my leisure.

Tomorrow being Monday, I really ought to already be asleep. My alarm is set for five, and I plan to wake up, meditate and have my first cup or two of coffee, and to go for a walk with my properly charged ipod and my thoughts.

I plan to enjoy myself and to write more (and more succinctly and thoroughly and honestly and openly) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment