17 November 2010

Save a Prayer Till the Morning After

The days are getting even shorter and the nights are getting even longer, and winter definitely feels as if it's here already, but the calendar suggests that it's still a few weeks from arrival.

Today, I feel much better than I'd initially anticipated. Because I hadn't wanted to take the long list of medications necessary to combat pre-operative pain, I have been only too willing to simply cease taking them since my surgery has been cancelled. It's funny because I've been dealing with the repercussions of pain for so long, and I have been chasing ibuprofen with hospital-strength analgesics and muscle relaxers that I wish had never been invented. Instead of prescribing a medication that simply binds to the opiate receptors in your brain and dissociates a patient from experiencing pain, why not create some grand pharmaceutical that simply eradicates the pain fully? I would much prefer something that could be taken for the long-haul, with little-to-no risk for any sort of mental or physical dependence and no worry that pain might suddenly intensify if one abruptly halts the prescription.

The definition of nursing paper is nearly complete, but nowhere near ready for submission; however, I have the remainder of the day to add my finishing touches and make the paper a little more mine. Once I have it where I want it, I'll have to ensure that all the quotes are properly integrated and the paper fulfills all necessary criteria of work that exceeds excellence. I get complimented for my scribner abilities all the time, but the variety expected from nursing instructors is quite different from those of the creative arts.

Last night was the first in a run of several that I didn't have the opportunity to see the object of my affections. It's funny how you quickly become accustomed to being in the presence of someone who is inspirational and attractive on the inside and out, someone who makes you smile and laugh and really lights your f-i-r-e in every way someone interesting is supposed to. I guess Justin's growing on me. Not like a fungus, more like a new candle whose scent you're initially not accustomed to and begin to develop a yen to smell again and again.

It's not like we're not both busy. In fact, it's not like I don't have a long list of at least one hundred other things that I really ought to be working on right now in lieu of posting to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment