22 December 2009

The Break So Far

It isn't beginning to feel much like Christmas this year.

I suppose I should be happy and content. The semester is complete. Despite my score in Microbiology, I still left 2009 with a very high GPA for the semester and a very high GPA overall. I managed to leave my last final exam and have a position with a health foods department in a store in less than an hour. Everyone I know is in good health and in good spirits, but there are no decorations gracing the walls of my house, and I don't feel as if much has come to bring Christmas and holiday cheer into my heart.

Not every holiday can really be feeled with the warmth and hope that so many were in my youth, I suppose. I guess the image of December changes a bit with time. Things can't always re-occur with the same zest with which I remember. Maybe tomorrow will bring more. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel more like I think I should at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment