26 July 2017

Kidney stones and stuff

Ruminating. Again.

I've started about 100 blog posts since I arrived in Yakima 193 days ago, but I've only published eight. I don't know why this is the spot I keep forgetting to cultivate. It's the one place on this planet that is totally mine, and I created it all those years ago because I can pretty much write whatever I want and I don't have to worry about whether it offends anyone.

Which is why I cracked open my laptop and clicked the link to bring me to my page for a new post.

193 days in Yakima... 199 days since I kissed Barbara goodbye and backed from her driveway with Mary Louise in the passenger seat and everything I owned crammed into the trunk. 

Nothing more substantial than this for tonight. 

Just thinking that I need to get my ass in gear and use this space that I created for what it was intended.

If not for the multiple stones pulverized in both kidneys and waiting to pass through my bladder at any given moment, I might feel like writing a little more.

Hell, it might even be good. 

But I'll wait until tomorrow.

For now, this simple acknowledgement will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment