08 March 2010

Another Week

Do you ever get that butterfly feeling in your stomach... the one that accompanies a feeling of success or completion or having done the best job you could have, but none of those accomplishments have been covered? It's like foresight or some sort of extra sensory perception that something really good is on the horizon for you, but you're not quite sure what it is?

I've had that feeling all day today. I had it when I finally pulled myself out of bed and began caffeine consumption and daily elimination of yesterday's leftovers. I had it when my lab partner phoned to tell me that he was at the door and ready to complete our lab work for the week. I had it during the four hours we worked on our nursing exam and then moved into our work on Sodium, Potassium, and Calcium ions and heart function, and the effects of temperature fluctuations on the hearts of frogs. I even had it after he left when I was cleaning up and putting everything back in working order and looking over my to-do list of everything that really needs to be finished before I hit the sack tonight and get enough sleep for my early day tomorrow. I have the feeling now... but I'm still not sure what it could be.

It's kind of like the sensation of your ears burning when you know you're somehow being discussed, but it's not the idea that something negative is being said. Who knows...

Just thought I'd write it all out, document the idea, see if my prediction turns out to be accurate.

I can't sit around here chatting all evening, though. I have a bath to take, a mile to walk, some Physiology that I need to cover, Genetics that needs to be read, and a long list of other tasks that keep me chained to my desk every night.

Maybe more tomorrow.

Hopefully good news tomorrow.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment